< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Tomorrow is another busy day....

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Tomorrow is another busy day....

... and an important one. Those of you who have done the binge and purge that is Graduate School will understand immediately when I say that I have a committee meeting in the morning. Not a spectacularly important one, mind you, mostly just a progress meeting except for two things:

1. My actual thesis advisor is leaving for a new and more fabulous post at a major research university in the NYC area on Jan. 1.
2. I would like to be done in time to turn in everything by April 15 so that I can participate in the Doctoral Hooding this year at May graduation(I will be done and gone by the time they do it again in Spring '06).

(I know Ben will get this: The reason the hooding is so important to me is that I had a teacher in HS who told us that 50% of us would never have another graduation, and I want to prove him wrong 10 years later by walking in TWO. That and I want to make my advisor come back and dress up in his academic regalia)

Keep your fingers crossed for me 10:30-12 EST :)

When my thesis gets published, maybe I'll share it instead of jumping on the blog novel bandwagon.....

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 19, 2004 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Hope everything went well for you. Having been the same route myself at (ahem) that school up the road, I know the whole process is quite an experience.

And would you believe, I never did get to wear my doctoral hood? Long story, but by the time the graduation ceremony rolled around, I was already back in the Midwest, scrambling 50 hours a week to keep body and soul together. Oh well. :)

 
At Friday, November 19, 2004 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I figure that after 6 years of the crap I have put up with, I deserve a chance to wear the funny outfit for once in my life. Especially as our regalia totally rocks (soft cap and non-black robe)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home