< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: The weather still sucks

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The weather still sucks

It's 31 frickin degrees outside, and it doesn't have the decency to do anything but suck. Wind and cold is no good. How about snow or sleet or even fog? I can handle fog, having learned to drive in the Tule fog that the Central valley of CA is famous for. This sunny and cold crap is boring and COLD.

Yes, my grammar is less than erudite. If you want erudite, see below.

And Fox has preempted my one TV show for friggin Basketball. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Tar Heel Basketball, and we're up by 32 at the moment, which is exactly how I like it, I went to a lot of games during the Matt Doherty seasons.....But House??? come on now. They're making me wait until Sunday at 6 to see House. At least the football should be over about 1.5 hours before House starts so it won't be preempted yet again.

How pathetic is this, the damn announcers can't even figure out which Tar Heel committed the foul....

Anyway, because I have been blogging serious stuff for the last two days (see below) and so many other people have too (go here for a roundup of links with news/ways you can help after the earthquake/tsunami), let's do something fun, shall we?

What was your favorite holiday moment/Christmas present/funny family story of this year?

I have to say that for my part I am just enjoying the break! It's nice to get a week and a half out of the lab, for one thing.

How about you all?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I got a Kitchen Aid mixer. I think my mother is sending me a hint about settling down, and being domesticated now that I have had a full time job for a year and a half, and been out of college for the same.

So either she's expecting me to cook, or else have someone else over to cook for me.

Well, I can always bake cookies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home