< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Busy Weekend

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Busy Weekend

Been doing some shopping. Seems like everyone I know is expecting. I (as usual) was the designated money collector and shopper for our group, so we went to Babies'R'Us for presents for the upcoming shower. I was shopping for 3 soon-to-be-here babies, can you believe it?

What I can't believe is the amount of CRAP you seem to need to raise one. Every time I walk into that store I am flabbergasted at the sheer amount of different kinds of crap they sell.

But we knew what we wanted, and we got a stroller and a pair of exersaucer type things and got in and out pretty quickly. Thank God, because the place was busier than the mall.

Then we came home to empty the car and grab a quick sandwich and went to Costco (gas = $1.729) and then we helped a friend begin to move into a new place. We'll move the majority of her stuff next weekend.

Then we successfully avoided the telethon on all 18 million channels by watching Kill Bill and Kill Bill vol 2. I'm sorry, but I don't need a bunch of celebs to tell me to donate almost 3 weeks after the tsunami. It just smacks of condescension and crap, and we avoided it. I suppose we could have watched football, but when we turned off the 1st game it looked like the Steelers were going to eat the Jets for lunch.....

Tomorrow I need to catch up on some reading and of course there's more football, so I probably won't post much, but hey, every time I say that I end up posting 6 times, so we'll see. Maybe I'll get up the energy to put together some linky love. Speaking of linky love, check out the Bloggerette. Everyone can participate, there's no dating involved. Just posting, and a nice prize for the winner.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 16, 2005 2:39:00 AM, Blogger EdWonk said...

And that baby stuff is expensive, too! :)

 
At Sunday, January 16, 2005 8:46:00 PM, Blogger vw bug said...

Wow. Wish I had known earlier. One of the best gifts I got was a Baby Safe Feeder. (http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27221/307755/117.html)

I stick fresh fruit/vegies in it or even ice for teething. Just a thought. Not tooo expensive.

 
At Monday, January 17, 2005 1:07:00 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Gas being 1.729.... very good. I considered myself lucky to find a Shell at 1.839 ( 605 freeway at Alondra if anyone cares), but Sam's Club knocks another 2 or 3 cents off that. Though the Shell by myself is still at 1.999. Go California gasoline!



A friend of mine has her work requesting people to have them automatically take out a percentage of their paycheck for tsunami relief. That's a load of crock I think. ehh... I'm ranting too, but I put a few bucks in the relief tub that a maintenance guy at my shop started. I feel better about that then anything put together by management.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home