< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: A chance to make history or not?

Thursday, January 13, 2005

A chance to make history or not?

Boi From Troy has the scoop on the impending Matt Leinart NFL draft decision. He says:
"Radio reports indicate that Lofa Tatupu, the junior linebacker/son of Mosi has said he will do whatever Leinart does. Other reports say that Leinart and Tatupu are the only ones still considering going pro--meaning Malone will stay. An announcement was supposed to happen today, but now the three are scheduled to do a joint press conference Friday afternoon (sadly, I will have just boarded a plane at Washington's Dulles airport 15 minutes earlier).

My hunch? If Malone is staying, then all three are staying...just to prove how bad Notre Dame's secondary, running game and special teams really are. Seriously. Why else would the university schedule a joint press conference with all three if one had a different announcement from the others? And wouldn't it be nice to hear three pro-caliber players say, "We choose to make history," and win a third consecutive National Championship."

I say I hope the delay means they're staying. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have announced already if they were going pro. The PC was supposed to take place this afternoon. Why string people along? It isn't going to help your draft number. BTW for those of you who weren't aware, the NFL draft announcement deadline is Saturday.


Post a Comment

<< Home