< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Funny story, this

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Funny story, this

Da Goddess received a totally cool phone call tonight. It reminded me of something I used to do to my Hubby when we were in college. If I went somewhere that he couldn't go, mostly because of geology field trips or ROTC obligations, or just because he wasn't a member of my Hovse, I'd usually want to share it with him. So every time I went somewhere after I got my trusty first cell phone, I'd call him and say, "Honey, I'm at such and such and I miss you." While I think he appreciated the calls, he used to get so pissed. After I called him from Magic Mountain one day and Knott's Berry Farm the next (it was a 3-day weekend) he threatened to break up with me if I ever did that again. So I haven't.


2 Comments:

At Sunday, February 06, 2005 4:57:00 AM, Blogger EdWonk said...

*finally getting caught up* Just read about the hovse system. Very interesting. Which one were you in? I tried to learn more about "Avery" but couldn't. The description gave a "teaser" about 'em, but was (intentially?) unclear.

 
At Monday, February 07, 2005 11:11:00 AM, Blogger the Pirate said...

Randome Techie story, aside from the fact at nights the techies stuck out like sore thumbs in old town, it was quite funny to run into the techies at Lucky Baldwins. It was a common sight:
1 laptop.
2-3 text books.
1 notepad.
1 calculator.
85 pencils.
1 pitcher of Guinness.

The most humors techie run it was when they asked for the percentage of alcohol in each beer along with the price. Then figured out the best value in terms of dollars per percent alcohol by volume. And for those who have been to Lucky's and know their section of beers avalible, its no small feat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home