< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Cranial Rectosis of the Blogging Kind

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Cranial Rectosis of the Blogging Kind

If I ever get this obsessed about my freaking blog, Shoot me. Some of you know where I live, and more of you have my address. You can find it :)

Here's my personal take on this: I don't give two shits about how often the kid links someone else's pictures without credit. You don't call a 13 year old kid who is trying to do something positive and intellingent a bastard. Period. If it gets to be a problem, reload the picture at a different URL, rename it, or something. Geez. When his link is broken, he'll get the idea. Better yet, replace it with an image that says "give credit where credit is due".

He's 13. He has 1/2 an hour at a time to blog and check email, so it's not likely he's gonna get right back to you. It's called patience. It's called the benefit of the doubt. It's called NOT GOING OFF THE DAMN DEEP END OVER A PICTURE THAT YOU ORIGINALLY TOOK FROM SOMEONE ELSE ANYWAY!!!!!! The pics that are the basis of that animation has been on every blog I can think of, including my own. It's not like he stole your secret formula for an AIDS vaccine.

I don't want to hear any Intellectual Property arguments either. Let's be real here for a minute and use some common sense. The kid didn't call himself McDonald's ok? He didn't go into business under a someone else's registered name. For example, you don't see me whining bbecause there's at least one other person in cyberspace that uses my handle. I know that for a fact, someone registered caltechgirl.blogspot.com and doesn't use it. It's a BLOG. There are less than 5 people in the world who actually make enough money off their blogs to do more than cover hosting costs.

I find it truly unfair that one ass got a bit in his mouth and ran far enough with it that the kid's blogging privileges have been revoked.

And as for that bot apology, PLEASE. One apology to Austin and his parents privately, with a note about that on your own blog would have been enough. Or even one note on B4B or to hundredpercenter would have been enough. Setting up a bot is childish and indicates that you don't care. At least to me.

Update: Jordan tells me that he did indeed post all of the apologies himself, so I'm willing to take it at face value and I apologize for being snarky about the apologies.....

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 03, 2005 4:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is truly disheartening. there will be more battles like this, as people get greedy with ideas just like they do with their toys.

 
At Thursday, February 03, 2005 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Jordan Golson said...

It wasn't a bot. It was me. I don't know what more I can do at this point. I'm taking my lumps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home