< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Another Tribute

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Another Tribute

Ivan Noble, who gave strength and encouagement to so many by being able to talk about his own weakness and despair died today at age 37.

Ivan was a columnist for the BBC who was diagnosed with an inoperable glioma (NASTY brain tumor) in August of 2002. Since then he has chronicled his life in a weekly journal, sharing the joys of (too brief) remissions, the birth of his children, and simple family outings along with the frequent despairs of bad news, increasing headaches, strange symptoms, and finally having to face his own mortality.

His journal touched my heart, and it was with great sadness that I read his final entry last week.

In his own words:
What I wanted to do with this column was try to prove that it was possible to survive and beat cancer and not to be crushed by it. Even though I have to take my leave now, I feel like I managed it.

I have not been defeated.

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. God grant you eternal rest without pain or torment and nothing but comfort to your wife and children who were your rock.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 01, 2005 11:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear this. I read his journal for quite a while, then lost track of it and didn't want to go back to hear this very news. Expected but so sad.

--Accidental Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home