< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: It's 4 am

Monday, March 21, 2005

It's 4 am

and I have given up. Not sleeping tonight. I went to bed at 11. DH was already asleep on the couch so I woke him and got him upstairs. But I wasn't sleepy. This is not that unusual. I have always had a hard time getting to sleep. Usually takes me 20-40 minutes instead of the 7 that it takes most folks. So I did what I usually do.
SportsCenter. DooDooDoo. DooDooDoo...
No dice. Didn't even faze me. In fact, it was a rehash of the earlier one since it was right after Dream Job. So I flipped. And watched the Schiavo vote in the House on CNN (2 channels over).
Still awake.
So I watched 2 shows on Discovery Health. Too interesting. By now, it's 3am and I'm wide awake.

So I decide to use my time wisely: I'll work! Great idea, except that the papers I need to write from are on my desk. At school. I did put together a graph I was thinking about, and so now I am writing something far less useful. Arrgghh.

This generally indicates that there's bad arthritis times coming, but I'm guessing it's stress over graduation. I don't have a job, my experiments aren't quite finished, and I guess I'm officially losing sleep over it.

Anybody out there need a postdoc (or know someone who does) with a PhD in Neurobiology who is a whiz at immunohistochemistry and behavioral studies, loves teaching, and is interested in development and stress?
Anybody looking for junior teaching faculty in biology, psychology, or neurobiology?
Leave a comment or email me if you really are such a person.


What the heck. The usual channels haven't worked yet......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home