< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Happy Pi Day

Monday, March 14, 2005

Happy Pi Day

Today is Einstein's birthday and International Pi day, or rather, International ∏ day...

For the nerds among you, here's Pi to 100 places:

π ≈ 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510

58209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

Or perhaps you'd prefer this kind of pi(e)...
I myself made a Jello No-Bake Cheesecake. Hey, I still have the flu...

(this post stays on top today)

4 Comments:

At Monday, March 14, 2005 3:59:00 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I prefer 22/7 myself...

 
At Monday, March 14, 2005 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Bou said...

I'm a geek. I had it memorized to the first 25 places, I think, in college. I still remember being in a bar once and this Navy Pilot asked me what I was majoring in. (I went to college where all the Naval Aviators were trained.) He was drunk, I was not. I told him Applied Mathematics and he said, "Oh yea? Prove it to me. What is pi to 10 places?" I rattled it off and then walked away. He wasn't very impressive.

 
At Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:30:00 PM, Blogger vw bug said...

Sad but true... in High School 3 of us had it memorized to 100 decimal places. I can't believe I was that much of a geek even back then.

 
At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

International Pi Day is awesome. Pi to 800 decimals is EASY by the way [but I only remember 250~ after not reciting for about 2 years]. HAPPY PI DAY TO ALL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home