< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Well, if you won't talk politics...

Monday, November 29, 2004

Well, if you won't talk politics...

I know you're out there, being silent. I see your footprints in the snow of my site meter. Don't worry, I won't bite. much......

How about a more holiday themed discussion, then?

What's your favorite Christmas movie? I'm trying to compile a list of all of the movies I like that are even vaguely Christmas movies. Movies like Die Hard and Running Scared that take place mostly at Christmastime are just as valid as Mickey's Christmas Carol and Jingle All the Way.

Here's my Top 10:
10. Home Alone
9. The Original Grinch Who Stole Christmas
8. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
7. Scrooge (the Albert Finney version of A Christmas Carol)
6. Meet Me in St. Louis (source of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas")
5. It's a Wonderful Life
4. Love Actually
3. Miracle on 34th Streeet
2. A Christmas Story
...and...
1. White Christmas

So what do you think? Fill up the comment box!

8 Comments:

At Monday, November 29, 2004 6:02:00 PM, Blogger vw bug said...

The OLD version of 'The Preacher's Wife'

 
At Monday, November 29, 2004 9:18:00 PM, Blogger Miss Behaving [badly] said...

Charlie and The Choclate Factory.
Santa Claus - with dudley moore.
Those rudolph animation figurine movies
The day they forgot xmas.

Great site !

 
At Tuesday, November 30, 2004 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Hmm. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is out already? That Depp movie comes out next year. Gene Wilder's Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory came out in 1971. Still, I like it as a Christmas movie.

My choice, off the top of my head: "Gremlins" There are times I just break out humming that tune.....

 
At Tuesday, November 30, 2004 12:13:00 PM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

Let's see my favorite Christmas movies are in no particular order:
Babes in Toyland
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Santa Claus (with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow)
The Nutcracker
'Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974)

 
At Tuesday, November 30, 2004 2:38:00 PM, Blogger A Red Mind in a Blue State said...

(Good advice to Cranky)

I never miss:

It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
Rudolph (the cartoon/puppet version)
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (which is the definitive version)
Scrooged
I will add Love Actually, which I thought was wonderful, but which I won't watch with my teenage daughters (bit of a prude, am I)
Charlie Brown's Christmas, and
A Diva's Christmas Carol, 'cause it has Vanessa Williams in it, of course!

 
At Wednesday, December 01, 2004 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Princess Jami said...

Ooo! This time of year I like "Miracle on 34th Street (the original one)", "It's a Wonderful Life", "When Harry Met Sally (it's got holiday stuff in it...)", "A Christmas Story" and "Holiday Inn". Also, I like any movie I get for Christmas...The Lord of the Rings trilogy counts for this discussion, right? ;)

 
At Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:47:00 PM, Blogger margilowry said...

I'm late but I have to:

To me, it ain't Christmas without A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life

 
At Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie Brown Christmas (Would never get made today)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas[original] (We saw how that would be made today)
Nightmare before Christmas (Tim Burton at his best)
Christmas Carol (The one with George C. Scott as scrooge.)

Mythilt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home