< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Friday, November 26, 2004

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Since it is "Black Friday", it's officially Christmas time!
I hope you enjoy the temporary site redesign. Background courtesy of Pat's web graphics.

I started today at 5:30 am with a trip to the Great Satan (Wal-Mart), followed quickly by Target, Sears, the Gap, and See's candy. Yes, there's a See's kiosk in the mall in Durham. But I'm almost done with the shopping. Need to finish up for Mom, Darling Husband, Nephew, and one friend. The others are done, just need to order one gift basket and a video from Amazon and the rest will be done as well.

Thanksgiving was great, even better because I didn't have to cook! Also entertaining: have you ever seen a pyrex baking dish explode? We just sat down to eat, and we heard a huge bang from the kitchen, followed by the unmistakable sound of shattered glass. The dish got set on a hot burner (which we all thought had been turned off) and well. you know what happened.

So, how was your holiday?

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 27, 2004 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Wow, I like the Christmas design!

As for me, ummmm, my Thanksgiving... Took off early in the morning, drove over into central Wisconsin to visit my grandmother, who is going on 100 and still sharp as a tack. More turkey than I was able to eat. Then down to my folks' place in Madison, where I stayed overnight. Friday forenoon we went out and ate at a restaurant. Friday afternoon, the long drive back over here to Iowa. Fortunately I beat the snow, which arrived this morning and not Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home