< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Funny story of the day

Friday, January 07, 2005

Funny story of the day

Evidently my appliances aren't happy in their own bodies.

I stayed home again today. The cold appears to be on the way out (yay!) but it gave me a hell of a migraine as a parting shot on the way out the door (I am prone to these, sadly) and this morning's was a doozy. No photophobia, which was strange for me, but I did experience a pretty strange visual effect. It was like strobelights were inside my eyes. Creepy. Still achy, but the visual effects studio appears to be closed.

Anyway, so here's the funny bit. I managed to get downstairs to get some water (we have one of those big Brita things in the fridge) and I flip the stopcock open and nothing comes out. There's at least half a gallon of water in there, so I was confused to say the least. That and the fact that the pitcher is relatively new. So anyway, I pull it out and try to take the lid off. No dice, the lid is stuck. Hmmm. Very strange. So I wipe the condensation off the side and the source of my problem becomes clear. Crystal clear in fact. The issue was ice! My refrigerator somehow decided that it wasn't satisfied with merely cooling the food, it wanted to be a freezer. It even made its own ice!

Appliance dysmorphic disorder is a new one to me.....

1 Comments:

At Saturday, January 08, 2005 7:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's really cool!-)

triticale - the wheat / rye guy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home