< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://caltechgirlsworld.mu.nu/" /> Not Exactly Rocket Science: Well, we're here...

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Well, we're here...

Arrived in Savannah last night for the ICOSR meeting, and I'll be here until Tuesday. Free Wi-Fi in the business center of the hotel, so limited and interrupted blogging until we return to the glory of our own wireless network!

Yesterday was probably the single windiest day of my life, and I've been through at least 4 hurricanes. With the hurricanes, the winds tend to peak and then decrease, and rarely last more than a few hours. Yesterday's entire trip was conducted under wind gusts around 45 mph. The signs in the middle of the freeway were wobbling in South Carolina.

The hotel is right on the river, and we have a river view, so it's been fun watching the ships go by and seeing the whitecaps. Since the convention center is on the other side, we've been riding the ferries across.

I should be at the conference right now, but I got some kind of stomach thing from the coffee at the meeting and I came back to the hotel... Going to get some more rest, and then maybe go out and see the sights. In fact, I felt better on the damn ferry than I do right now. Ugh.

We're going to try and meet up with this guy later (assuming I feel better).

Pictures after I get them dumped onto the hard drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home